COMMUNITY WASTE DISPOSAL
The Town of Shady Shores has entered a contract with Community Waste Disposal (CWD) for the collection of Solid Waste and Recycling Services. Here are a few important reminders. CWD has provided a brochure to assist you with questions you may have during this time.
TRASH PICK UP DAY
Wednesday is the day; the service runs from 7 am to 7 pm so be sure to have your carts at the curb by 7 am.
- All trash must be placed in bags inside the gray 95-gallon trash cart
- Handles should be placed toward the street
- CWD will pick up unlimited tied and bundled brush in 4' lengths
- Loose brush and bulk collection is limited to five (5) cubic yards per week
Acceptable items include
- Toys and Yard Tools tagged as bulk item
- Bundled carpet in 4' lengths
- Fence panels no larger than 4'X6'
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters & Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Unacceptable items include:
- Commercial Construction and Debris
- Remodeling Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires Batteries and Propane Tanks
- Additional Trash Bags
- Un-containerized debris
GUIDELINES FOR LOOSE BRUSH PICK-UP
- All limbs should be placed with trunks parallel to the street, not blocking the sidewalk.
- Limbs should not be greater than six (6)" in diameter weigh no more than 50 lbs or be longer than 10'
- All recycling items must be placed in the blue 95 gallon recycle cart
- An exception is cardboard will be accepted outside the cart if it is tied and bundled.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS INCLUDE
- Aluminum, steel, and tin containers
- Plastic containers #1, #5 and #7- no Styrofoam
- Corrugated cardboard and box board
- Mixed paper
- Glass bottles and containers
Accounts are billed on a quarterly basis one month in advance. The regular rate for service is $60.49. There is a discounted rate for seniors (65 and over) of $56.66. Payments may be made by check, cash or money order. We also offer electronic payments. Credit or debit cards will be accepted however a convenience charge will apply.